Man Suffers Second Degree Burns After Vape Explodes In His Face
A vape exploded while in a man’s mouth causing him grievous body harm. A total of 66 such cases have been reported to the FDA between 2015 and 2016.
– The accident happened while Andrew was in the bathroom with the device shattering into pieces while in his mouth.
– The e-cigarette knocked out several teeth in the mouth and left him with second degree burns to the cheeks.
– Batteries used in the e-cigarettes are widely blamed for the vape pen explosions reported by users.
‘I’ve lost at least 7 teeth, 2nd degree burns to face and neck and have been pulling chunks of plastic, teeth and foreign objects from mouth, throat and lips,’ he told Facebook friends.
Read the full story here
Dr Nicholas Riley BDS 1996, MJDF 2012
Nik qualified from Cardiff Dental School in 1996. He has always had a keen interest in clinical excellence, and further education. He recently gained his MJDF qualifications Nik dedicates much of his time to attending many world renowned courses in restorative, aesthetic and implant dentistry, so he can ensure that patients benefit from the most up to date solutions.